Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tie Me Up Tuesday ~ No You Don't


In doing research for Trust Us, I had occasions to be on various BDSM sites. It amazes me how many strange men who message me and want to tie me up before getting to know me. One thing I have learned is safety first; no bondage on the first meeting. Most responsible people that I have met in the lifestyle adhere to the principles of safe, sane, and consensual practices.

Judging from the profile pictures of some that have message me, the sanity part is highly questionable. The fact that they also look like three-day-old roadkill is not helpful in receiving a reply from me. One wonders if their profile pictures are real or meant as a joke. Some are so frightening you would think that the person has escaped from a forensic psychiatric ward.

Why would they think for one nanosecond that I would even consider and consent to being tied up by them?

Before engaging in bondage, an astronomical amount of trust should be required. Remember, trust has to be earned! It should not be automatically given. 

1 comment: