Monday, September 24, 2012

Man Up and Dom Up ~ Men Love Bitches


What is a bitch anyway? According to several online dictionaries, the consensus is that this slang term for an adult female refers to women who are spiteful, arrogant, overbearing, and obnoxious.

Wow! Why would anyone ever aspire to be a bitch? The answer is simple. A lot of men are not only attracted to and amused by these unpleasant creatures, they actually seem to dote on them. To other females (and some males) the very sound or sight of the word bitch elicits a shudder at the thought of encountering one of these she-monsters.

My most recent experiences have been with bitches who were trophy wives or girlfriends. Generally they were younger, beautiful, often surgically enhanced, and confident of their hold on the man they were with. These women are seen in vanilla and BDSM settings, and although they usually irritate the women around them, seem to fascinate at least some, if not all, of the men.

In talking with some of these men, it would seem they are not as passive and clueless as one might think. Some have admitted to me that women who are too polite and agreeable remind them of their mothers, grandmothers, aunts or Sunday School teachers.

In other words, too much sugar and spice in a relationship is just plain boring and is a turn off for a lot of men. Some will never admit it but will spend more time at work or with their hobbies. Others will seek out the company of loud and opinionated women who challenge and excite them. Even though they may not be able to tolerate daily doses of the extreme drama, these woman do seem to have an irresistible lure to men.

A good lesson for us less more polite females might be to let our inner bitch peek out every now and then. This should be done only briefly and in a playful and unpredictable fashion. Unlike some full-time bitches we don't want to overplay our hands and drive a man away, but rather keep him always coming back for more.

4 comments:

  1. Love this. I'm fascinated by "bitchy" women. Wouldn't want to be one, but I love to watch and read about them. Designing Women and Desperate Housewives, as an example, intrigued me and made me laugh. Great article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The women in my family are "bitches" LOL - we are loud and opinionated - my DH who I love with all my heart - does not care for it when Im all sweetness and light- He likes me mean. He actually brags to his boys about my attitude - scary because honestly - I may be loud and opinionated, but I tend to be thoughtful and loving as well. Who knows it takes all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting point ! I'm generally known as nice sort :) but sometimes my claws can come out... I can scream & rant etc & I swear my man ( my DH) pays me some extra attention ;) so think there may be some truth to what you say. On the other hand I have some friends who claim to be bitches, are actually V nice frank people who just use that bitchy exterior as an excuse to hide a softer side !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaven, you have a delightful way with words and I'm thrilled that I've found your blog. Are we friends on FaceBook yet?

    Anyway, yes there is some allure associated with the proverbial bitch. Much the way a LOT of women are attracted to 'bad boys'. The problem with bitches and bad boys is that it gets old quick. When it's hot, it's hot - but a steady dose of bitchiness will make me gag.

    Being feisty and letting her inner-bitch roar 'on occasion' is fine, especially in the bedroom but when I say enough, I don't want to be forced to repeat myself twice. Honestly, I should only have to give her a 'look' to cut off the drama.

    Speaking of drama, when a bitch turns into a Drama Queen or an Attention Whore, then all bets are off. Heaven, perhaps that can be your next post, enlightening us on why there are so many Drama Queens on reality TV. Is that really reality?

    ReplyDelete